Sunday, June 20, 2010

Latter-Day Testimonies: Lloyd

This is a new feature I want to include on my blog. I have asked people I know to share their testimonies of the Book of Mormon. I hold these testimonies as sacred personal witnesses. I will treat them with respect, and I expect all those who comment to do the same. If there are disrespectful comments, I will delete them. Thank you to those who have willingly added their testimony, and freely share it with us.

"I have been a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints all my life. My ancestors personally knew Joseph Smith and Brigham Young and some gave their lives for the cause of this Gospel. That is not why I am a Mormon.

As a family, we have read and studied The Book of Mormon and know that it is the word of God. An additional testament of our Lord, Jesus Christ, this inspired record of ancient revelations stands with the Bible to testify to all people that Jesus is the Son of God and our Redeemer.

I have received the witness of the Holy Ghost affirming the truthfulness of this doctrine. The power and authority of God are manifest in the ordinances performed in The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints as nowhere else on earth.

I pray that as you read The Book of Mormon, you will feel the testimony of the Holy Ghost, witnessing to you of the truthfulness of what you read. As you open your heart and pray for divine guidance, our Heavenly Father will bless you not only with a testimony that The Book of Mormon is true, but you will receive greater happiness and joy in your life than you have ever felt before.

It is an honor and a privilege to add my testimony to those of the prophets and apostles. I know the Church is true. Joseph Smith was an inspired prophet of God.

Of this I bear witness, in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.

Lloyd

No comments: