Thursday, June 24, 2010

Latter-Day Testimonies: Inklings

Just a reminder that all comments to this post must be respectful.

"I have read The Book of Mormon 19 times with an honest heart to know its truthfulness, and I know it is true, because the Holy Ghost has testified it to me. I do not have to see the golden plates to believe it, just like I do not have to see the nail prints in our Savior Jesus Christ's hands to know he atoned for our sins, and would have died even if it was just you or I who needed it.
Because I know it is true, I also know Joseph Smith, who translated it, is a prophet of God, and that we continue to have a prophet of God who receives revelation in our behalf. That prophet is Thomas S. Monson.
The Church of Jesus Christ has the gospel in its fullness. That alone is reason to investigate its teachings. Where else can you receive the promise that families can be together forever if they are sealed in the temple? That alone makes it worth giving it a chance, and if you weren't married there to begin with, you can still go to be sealed to your spouse and children.
I love my Heavenly Father, I love my Savior Jesus Christ, and I love the way the Holy Ghost guides me and protects me and my family each day. I have read the promise in Moroni 10: 4-5: "And when ye shall receive these things, I would exhort you that ye would ask God, the Eternal Father, in the name of Christ, if these things are not true; and if ye shall ask with a sincere heart, with real intent, having faith in Christ, he will manifest the truth of it unto you, by the power of the Holy Ghost.
And by the power of the Holy Ghost ye may know the truth of all things."
I have asked. I know.
You don't have to take my word for it. You can ask too, and then you will know."

Inklings

No comments: