Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Quote of the Day: George Albert Smith

“I remember upon one occasion a man said to me, after we had talked for some time, ‘Well, from all I can learn your church is just as good as any other church.’ I presume he thought he was paying us a great compliment, but I said to him: ‘If the church I represent here is not of more importance to the children of men than any other church, then I am mistaken in my duty here. We have come not to take away from you the truth and virtue you possess. We have come not to find fault with you nor to criticize you. We have not come here to berate you because of things you have not done; but we have come here as your brethren. We are giving our time and our means voluntarily, and have come to your land with love in our hearts, with the desire to do you good, to encourage you to repent of your sins, wherein you are sinful, and encourage you to retain your virtues wherein you are virtuous, and to say to you: ‘Keep all the good that you have, and let us bring to you more good, in order that you may be happier and in order that you may be prepared to enter into the presence of our Heavenly Father’” ( Sharing the Gospel with Others, 12–13).

No comments: