Sunday, March 22, 2009

Scripture Mastery: Luke 24:36–39

Luke 24:36–39

36 And as they thus spake, Jesus himself stood in the midst of them, and saith unto them, Peace be unto you.
37 But they were terrified and affrighted, and supposed that they had seen a spirit.
38 And he said unto them, Why are ye troubled? and why do thoughts arise in your hearts?
39 Behold my hands and my feet, that it is I myself: handle me, and see; for a spirit hath not flesh and bones, as ye see me have.

Some amazing truths are contained in this scripture. First of all, we have eye witnesses of the Savior's resurrection. If we were to include the testimony of this many witnesses in a court of law, that would be enough evidence to convict or acquit a person. But in addition to those in attendance that day, others also saw the resurrected Savior and bore witness that He lives.

The second great truth contained in this scripture is that not only did they see Him, but they felt that He is a tangible being. This teaches us that a resurrected body is one of flesh and bone.

No comments: